Law & Legal Articles and Publications
Davis & Boyd Law Firm contributes Law and Legal Articles and Publications to a variety of sources.
Feel free to browse these articles and publications.
Some require Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free here.
- Long-Term Care and Related Elder Law Issues
(updated with 2021 Medicaid and VA limits)
- Probate Administration
The South Carolina Probate Code and process.
- Limitations on Medicare, Medicare Appeals, Long Term Care Ins
Limitations on Medicare for Long Term Care Costs, the Medicare Appeals Process, and Long-Term Care Insurance.
- Special Needs Planning and Personal Injury Settlements
This pdf article goes into detail about Special Needs Planning, General Estate Planning for Disabled Persons, Special Needs Trusts, and more.
- Duties and Powers of Personal Representatives and Trustees
This pdf article explains the special duties and powers of a personal representative and trustee.
- Cancellation of Debt Income
This pdf article explains the tax consequences of cancellation of debt for real estate.
- Medicaid & VA Benefits - Eligibility & Estate Recovery
This pdf article goes into detail about Medicaid and VA Benefits, as well as eligibility and estate recovery.
- Grantor Trusts
- Reported Cases
Fisher v. Carolina Southern Railroad
- Medicaid Planning for Long-Term Care Incapacity & End of Life
- Trusts as Alternatives to Wills